Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Fortinet color Scheme

Hi, I dont know how other people feel about this but when you are managing several fortinets at the same time it can end up very confusing as to which device you are currently looking at, I know you can set the name but that only shows up in the top of the IE browser, If you have a page open to both you can very quickly forget that you are on the wrong one. The other day i was copying settings from one to another when i accidently got them mixed up and rewote the good settings. A simple fix to this would be to allow the fortigates to have their webpages change colour. It could be a simple drop down box that give a choice of a few colour schemes and these need only be a few teeks to a css file so very little work. But then you could set one to be the standard and another to red for example. I mentioned this for Fortinet support and they agreed it would be useful but i guess it will need support from others to be put into their development schedual. Thanks Mark
5 REPLIES 5
RickP
New Contributor

A simple fix to this would be to allow the fortigates to have their webpages change colour. It could be a simple drop down box that give a choice of a few colour schemes
While I agree a colour scheme change would be the most obvious way to distinguish between various devices, what I' ve seen done is changing the ' top logo' graphic to something unique for each device. Of course this isn' t as plainly obvious as a colour change, and it requires time to make up the graphic. Still, it can be done right now.
Don_FTNT

While I agree a colour scheme change would be the most obvious way to distinguish between various devices, what I' ve seen done is changing the ' top logo' graphic to something unique for each device.
That' s a FortiMail feature. Its not an option on the FortiGates.
RickP
New Contributor

That' s a FortiMail feature. Its not an option on the FortiGates.
Whoops, my mistake. I' m getting the FortiProducts confused.
player
New Contributor

hey mates, please remmeber that the color of the gui are spcialy desgined for color blinded people.
player. rock the boat , dont sink the ship
player. rock the boat , dont sink the ship
Not applicable

Hi, I didn' t see where to do the graphic change as that is one i would consider for now, thanks :) On the colour scheme, i did not intend on replacing the default green, this should remain the default but then for those of us that want to we should be able to switch the colors over to a new scheme, even if this is not saved but just used for the current session it would be of benefit. Regards Mark
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors