Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
garylefebvreg
New Contributor

Fortinet WiFi 60c initial setup...

Hello everyone,

I recently bought from Ebay a Fortinet WiFi 60c v4.00... Not sure if the device is unworkable, but I cannot get either WAN1 or WAN2 to connect to my ISP through the COX cable modem. The device was reset to factory defaults... My ISP gives me a dynamic global IP address, not sure what else might be needed to give me an internet connection through the Fortinet WiFi 60c...

I am in the process of trying to register the product with Fortinet and get the latest firmware.

I bought this device because I was interested in setting up SSL VPN into my home and gain that experience. Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Gary

2 REPLIES 2
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

hi,

to skip the guessing phase, what exactly did you configure to connect to the internet? Which device does the user authentication, the modem or the FGT? That is, where do you store the username+password for ISP access?

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
garylefebvreg

Yah ede,

I haven't begun setting up the sslvpn yet. Just trying the setup the basics so i have a least for now the internet connection. I tried the wizard for the initial setup. Not sure if NAT should be on or off, etc... Not sure if NAT is being done by the ISP??? Any other gateway router uses a straight through cable going to the modem. Those types you plug it in and it works. Yes I am inexperienced!!!

I tried a cross over cable and a straight through cable and haven't the internet connection in both cases...

Kind regards,

Gary

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors