Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ArifS
Contributor

Fortinet VMs migration

I am planning to migrate Fortiweb, Fortimanager, FSSO and FortiAuthenticator VMs from new hyper-v servers. I will be shutting down the servers and copy VM folder to new hyper-v. My concern is, are all these servers' licenses bound with hardware id or just ip address. If they only bound with IP address and then there should not be any issue after migration. 

1 REPLY 1
ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor II

Hello @ArifS ,

These product licenses are connected with an IP address. They should move without any problems. 

However, just in case, it would be a good idea to download the license files from the support portal and keep them ready so that you can reupload them.

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors