Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
gbraddam
Visitor

Fortinet Switch and Fluke Link IQ Issue

Hello everyone,

First time posting here, and I did try searching but didn't get any hits on this issue. My agency is preparing to migrate from a primarily Cisco environment to Fortinet. My section, our jail, will be the first of our larger areas to do this, and we are moving our wifi from a virtual Cisco controller first. Our new access points are 431G's and require bt POE power. Due to this and having our Cisco switches still in place, we are setting up some temporary switches in standalone mode to run those. It was either that or having to run a second network cable or install separate power supplies. We have got everything sorted out to do this, but I found a curious issue once that was done. I have a Fluke Link IQ for some time, and love it since it can provide VLAN info along with all of its other benefits. Well, it did anyway. When I read a port on the Fortinet switch, it does not report back a few different things that it did before. It will not provide the IP address of the switch or the VLAN assigned to the port. Please know, although I can stumble through switch, it isn't a normal task for me. These were set up by a co-worker who is ahead of me, but also still learning too. I do believe that there must be a setting that is blocking the information though since it is pulling everything else. Pics to follow.

2 REPLIES 2
gbraddam
Visitor

I also wanted to mention that both myself and my coworker did look at settings and neither of us found anything that stood out. Also, here is an idea of our VLANs

1 management

2 workstations w/ voip

3 server management

4 wireless access points

5 printers

2 workstations with voip

gbraddam
Visitor

Here are the pics.

1st section when on Cisco1st section when on Cisco2nd section when on Cisco2nd section when on Cisco1st on Fortinet, missing IP1st on Fortinet, missing IP2nd on Fortinet, missing VLAN and IP2nd on Fortinet, missing VLAN and IP

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors