Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rcpdkc
Contributor II

Fortinet SSO Install Problem

I get this error when installing Fortinet SSO, what could be the reason?

fsso.PNG

1 Solution
rcpdkc
Contributor II

I created a new admin user and logged into this session and the problem was fixed.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HarshChavda
Staff
Staff

Hello @rcpdkc ,

Can you check and confirm if you're running the installer with administrative privileges. Right-click the installer file and select "Run as administrator." 

You can refer this document: https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-How-to-install-the-FSSO-Collector-Agent/ta...

rcpdkc

Hello. I run the file as administrator but same again.

ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor II

Hello @rcpdkc ,

FSSO collector agent needs some privileges. If your user does not have this privilege, your installation will fail. You can run with admin privilege that setup. If you don't want to run with admin rights, you can restrict FSSO service users. You can follow this document to restrict user rights.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Restricting-a-Fortinet-Single-Sign-On-Agen...

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
rcpdkc

User administrator account.

ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor II

Hello @rcpdkc ,

Which user account did you use in this step?

image.png

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
rcpdkc

fsso2.PNG

rcpdkc
Contributor II

I created a new admin user and logged into this session and the problem was fixed.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors