Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ravitejag2
New Contributor

Fortinet Nextgen Firewall implementation in AWS

Hi Folks, I have installed a Fortinet Firewall in AWS with the following configuration. After doing the following configuration, I am able to reach the internet from Fortinet Firewall and LAN EC2 instance and LAN traffic flowing through Firewall. However, I am to reach LAN subnet from internet or WAN to LAN communication is not happening. Please help in this regard, appreciate your quick help.

AWS Side:

=======

Created a separate VPC, created two interfaces for LAN and WAN and configured two subnets, deployed one Fortigate Firewall EC2 instance in WAN subnet with elastic IP, deployed one test EC2 linux server instance in LAN subnet, deployed one IGW, allowed default routes for WAN interface pointing towards IGW. For LAN subnet pointed route towards LAN interface. Security groups and network ACL's all traffic is allowed. 

Fortigate Side:

=========

A LAN and a WAN interface, no static routes added in Firewall, allowed access-lists only from LAN to WAN and WAN to LAN with all ports.

1 REPLY 1
abarushka
Staff
Staff

Hello,

For connectivity related issues I would recommend to collect debug flow and traffic sniffer. Please find the details by following the link below:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Troubleshooting-Tip-First-steps-to-troubleshoot-connecti...

FortiGate
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors