Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
NetworkT4U
New Contributor

Fortinet MC4200 + 822i AP's - EAP interval settings / 802.1X timeout setting.

Hello,

I work for a company we have a mix of equipment (Fortinet, Cisco) some of my wireless computers keep disconnecting. What I am seeing from ISE logs is

(5440 -Endpoint abandoned EAP session and started new - Latency (ms) 35187)

We recently had issue with our Cisco wireless controller and we found out the EAP key intervals were set to low, and authentication intervals were also set to low. Pushing these intervals out so it didn't occur so soon seem to fix the issues. I have l looked all through this Fortinet MC4200 controller  I don't see any settings for this kind of thing. Could anyone please assist.

1 REPLY 1
aharimin
New Contributor

This sounds exactly like my windows .1x experience at my last job. The wired autoconfig service would stop functioning correctly so it would stop authenticating randomly. Restarting the service was the cleanest method to re-auth again. I assume you've checked the local autoconfig logs on the clients for clues https://100001.onl/ ?

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors