Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ZAHIDHASEEB
New Contributor III

Fortinet Firewall Support for Postgres Cluster

Environment

PostgresSQL = 15

Patroni = patroni-2.1.4-1.rhel8.x86_64 & patroni-etcd-2.1.4-1.rhel8.x86_64
OS = RHEL = 8.x

Detail

We have a setup of Postgres Cluster with 2 nodes. On top of Postgres Cluster a load balancer (name HAproxy) is also installed. Additionally the Postgres Cluster use Patroni software for HA related activities against Postgres Cluster. Patroni update the HAproxy to let him know who is Active / Leader node of Postgres Cluster thru API. So HAproxy know who is Active node of Postgres Cluster and send traffic to only Active node of Postgres.

My Query: Does Fortinet Firewall have support for Postgres Cluster and can we use Fortinet Firewall in place of HAproxy in above mentioned environment  

1 Solution
gfleming

As mentioned in a previous response to make it work for the intra-interface (i.e. Trust to Trust) you must disable "Preserve Client IP" in the Server Load Balance config and you must enable NAT on the FW Policy.

Cheers,
Graham

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
gfleming

As mentioned in a previous response to make it work for the intra-interface (i.e. Trust to Trust) you must disable "Preserve Client IP" in the Server Load Balance config and you must enable NAT on the FW Policy.

Cheers,
Graham
ZAHIDHASEEB
New Contributor III

1- In DMZ to Trust rule, my environment is working when I only select Type is TCP

2-In DMZ to Trust rule, my environment does not work when I select Type is HTTP (either NAT or Preserve Client IP enable or disable)

3- In Trust to Trust rule my environment does not work when I select Type is HTTP or TCP (either NAT or Preserve Client IP enable or disable)

Preserve client IP is only available when Type is HTTP

ZAHIDHASEEB_2-1675146330511.png

Preserve client IP is not available when Type is TCP so I cant choose Preserve Client IP

ZAHIDHASEEB_3-1675146389350.png

ZAHIDHASEEB
New Contributor III

@gfleming Bundle of thanks for your back to back followup on my issue, I am able to complete the activity. Couple of thing I corrected at my side and your suggestions made the environment workable. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors