Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Logesh08
New Contributor

Fortinet Failover

Hello Everyone,

I am using device model 200 F. When failover happens from primary to secondary it takes 2 seconds. But the failover from secondary to primary takes 30 seconds.  

any suggestion pls.

14 REPLIES 14
Logesh08

Hi,

It is a cisco switch. Sure, I will check the logs. Thank you.

aguerriero

Since it is based on link status how long are you waiting for the LACP and possible STP protocols and CAM tables to converge before initiating a fail back.

Default LACP timers on some switches are normally defaulted to slow/long (30 seconds) to send LACP PDUs.

Spanning tree on the upstream/downstream switches can also come into play depending on whether or not you are using PVST, RPVST, MST...

Logesh08

Hi, I do not have much visibility on the switch side. Let me check that. Thank you for your valuable suggestions. 

aguerriero

For cisco check if the switch or switches are stacked, VSS, or vPC. There will also be delay for links that are spread across multiple switches in a virtual ha cluster.

Logesh08

ok. Thank you.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors