Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
keithhud
New Contributor

Fortinet F80 and Cisco RV340

My current setup is as follows:

ISP using PPOE---- Cisco RV340----Four (4) NetGear lvl2 Switches.

The Cisco RV3340 has the Firewall turned on and does VPN using Cisco AnyConnect

I also have the following VLANS on the Cisco RV340: VLAN1 (Default) using private IP subnet 192.168.6.x/24

VLAN 20 192.168.20.x/24 DHCP enabled

VLAN 30 192.168.30.x/24 DHCP enabled

VLAN 40 192.168.40.x/24 DHCP enabled

VLAN 50 192.168.50.x/24 DHCP enabled

VLAN 60 192.168.60.x/24 DHCP enabled

VLAN Ports to Table have tagging enabled for Lan 1 to Lan 4 for VLANS 20 to 60 with VLAN1 untagged.

NAT is enabled on the WAN 1 interface

I want to setup a Fortinet F80 in front of the Cisco RV340. The reason for this is to setup a Site-to-Site VPN connection with another Fortinet F40 that will allow me to do DR for my backups from one (1) QNAP NAS to another QNAP NAS.

My setup would be:

Site 1. ISP using PPOE---- Fortinet F80----Cisco RV340----Four (4) NetGear lvl2 Switches----QNAP NAS.

Site 2. ISP using PPOE----Fortinet F40----QNAP NAS.

Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
AlexC-FTNT
Staff
Staff

Good luck! :)

...was there a question?

- Toss a 'Like' to your fixxer, oh Valley of Plenty! and chose the solution, too00oo -
keithhud

My question is in regards to:

I want to setup a Fortinet F80 in front of the Cisco RV340. The reason for this is to setup a Site-to-Site VPN connection with another Fortinet F40 that will allow me to do DR for my backups from one (1) QNAP NAS to another QNAP NAS.

Right now my Cisco RV340 is doing routing and firewall duties as well as VLAN. 

I am looking to get some suggestions on the best way to accomplish setting up the above.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Is there any good reason to keep the Cisco RV340?

I think keeping both FG and Cisco will just add complexity.

AEK
AEK
keithhud
New Contributor

I'd love to remove the Cisco, however I am currently using the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client software to have my remote users connect to our VPN and being a small company (52 Individuals) every penny counts. Our licenses are up next march at which time I will purchase the same amount of Fortinet VPN Clients.

So for the time being I would like to continue using the Cisco RV340 just for the VPN clients. If that makes sense?

AEK

If it is about VPN then know that FortiClient VPN is free, and all VPN features on FortiGate don't requires any license. So if you want to setup FG in front of Cisco then I see no reason to keep the Cisco.

But if you really want to keep it then you will need to DNAT your SSL-VPN port from FortiGate WAN interface to your Cisco's IP, and add firewall rule to allow the traffic.

• DNAT:  WAN-IP:VPN-port -> Cisco-IP:VPN:port
AEK
AEK
keithhud
New Contributor

AEK, thanks for the insight on this. Do you by chance know if the FortiClient VPN offer encryption on it's Client? (I can look it up, if you don't know off the top of your head).

Again thanks for your help with this.

AEK

If you mean if the traffic is encrypted then of course yes, it is SSL encrypted between the client and the VPN server (FG)

AEK
AEK
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors