Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Wimmera-Computers
New Contributor

Fortinet F40 no longer lets me access 192.168.1.99

After accessing the dashboard once, I cannot get into it again as it says constantly - "This site cannot be reached".  I have checked that the cable is inserted into port 1.  I have changed the DHCP in the computer to a static 192.168.1.1 /255.255.255.0 and still it won't connect.

All I did yesterday was change the LAN set up in the dashboard from Manual to DHCP.  Now the F40 will not let me into the dashboard.

2 REPLIES 2
seshuganesh
Staff
Staff

Hi Team,

Please connect to console of the firewall and execute these commands:

diag sniffer packet any 'host <sourceip> and port' 4 0 a (here in place of port keep admin port number)

Once you access the admin page, it will generate some logs please share it with us

gfleming
Staff
Staff

If you changed the LAN interface from manual (previously set to manual static IP of 192.168.1.99/24) to DHCP then of course you have lost the ability to connect to 192.168.1.99.

If there is actually a DHCP server on that network please find out which IP address was assigned to the FortiGate and try connecting to its new IP address.

Cheers,
Graham
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors