Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
johndj1982
New Contributor

Fortinet 600c-FortiOS 5.2.3 | Bad tar header, skippingBad tar header

We have two fortinet firewalls (FW01-Master and FW02-Slave) operating in HA Active-Passive mode and virtual domain (3 vdoms). Few months ago, one of the fortinet unit (FW01-Master) has failed, and it was replaced by an RMA unit. Currently, the FW02 is now acting as Master, with that being said. I configured the RMA Unit (from factoryreset) as slave and configure the basic HA setup. I shutdown the FW02 and FW01, remove the power cables, put cables to the heartbeat interfaces (port21 and port22). Power the FW02 first then FW01. The synchronization was successful. However, during the boot up process I encountered the messages below. I tried to google it, but found nothing on the internet. Any idea on this logs? Please help.

"Bad tar header, skippingBad tar header, skippingBad tar header, skippingBad tar header, skippingBad tar header, skippingBad tar header, skippingBad tar header, skippingBad tar header, skippingBad tar header, skippingBad tar header, skippingBad tar header, skippingBad tar header, skippingBad tar header, skippingBad tar header, skippingBad tar header, skippingBad tar header, skippingBad tar header, skippingBad tar header, skippingBad tar header, skippingBad tar header, skippingBad tar header, skippingBad tar header, skippingBad tar header, skippingBad tar header, skippingBad tar header, skippingBad tar header, skippingBad tar header, skippingBad tar header, skippingBad tar header, skippingBad tar header, skippingBad tar header, skippingBad tar header, skippingBad tar header, skippingError reading tar file"

I tried ignoring the logs above and did the failover to the RMA unit. And I noticed that when I did the failover to the RMA Unit, one of the three VDOMs was not able to pass any traffic in and out of the firewall. Please advise if this was related to the logs above.

Thanks in advance.

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors