Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rcpdkc
Contributor II

Fortinac MacOS Problem

Hello, I installed fortinac agent on mac computer by applying the document I gave below. Although the device reaches Fortinac, the popup does not open. why can it be?

https://fortinetweb.s3.amazonaws.com/docs.fortinet.com/v2/attachments/cf9ed9ff-de2f-11ea-96b9-005056...

8 REPLIES 8
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi

Which popup you mean? Message popup? Credentials popup? ...

Do you see the MacOS client is registered on FortiNAC? In host view do you see the agent column for this host in online status? or do you see a red bolt icon instead?

AEK
AEK
rcpdkc
Contributor II

The pop-up where we enter credentials does not come up. It does not appear to be online. There's a red bolt

AEK

A red bolt means the there is no communication between the agent and FNAC. It can be one of the following reasons:

• Certificate is not installed or not trusted (the most common case)
  • Agent is down
  • Client firewall or network firewall may block the communication
AEK
AEK
rcpdkc
Contributor II

I have installed the domain certificate. Is there any other certificate I need to install ? Do I need to install the certificate in Fortinac ? In which directory do I need to install the certificate ? I can access Nac from the host where the agent is located.

ebilcari

The agent certificate should be applied to target "Persistent Agent" and should also include the trust chain. Same CA used to sign this PA certificate should be present in the end host.

certs.PNG

For more information you can check also the agent logs in the end host as shown here.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
rcpdkc

Do we need to add this certificate to the login or do we need to add it to the keychain?

rcpdkc
Contributor II

I have set up the agent link but the popup where the user has to enter their information does not open?deneme.PNG

AEK

Actually I don't have experience with MacOS' PA. But if I follow the doc I see that you need to check the following output:

sudo defaults read /Library/Preferences/com.bradfordnetworks.bndaemon.policy

Value of LoginDialogDisabled should be 0 (zero), otherwise set it to 0 and restart the agent service.

Just for info, on Windows clients that are part of the domain we don't need to enable this feature, since the user info is obtained automatically by PA and sent to FNAC. But on Mac I actually don't now if it is required, so I think you should check if there is a good reason for which you may need it.

AEK
AEK
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors