Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rcpdkc
Contributor II

Fortinac HP Elite 800 Popup Problem

I have 10 different models of computers at the institution. none of them have problems with fortinac windows pop-ups opening. New HP Elite tower 800 G9 computers have been purchased. When I install the same operating system on these machines in the same way, fortinac windows agent pop-up does not open in any way. There is a connection to the server. access is open from all ports. same operating system. but no popup. what could be the reason?

3 REPLIES 3
gonekmo1
Visitor

Yes I have implemented 802.1x and yes it is faster but still the time this impacts the end user and takes about a minute to connect, because there is still the initial request of the dock being a rogue and moving the port to the isolation vlan and then moves the port back. If you are recommending to automatically register the docks, I think this is a problem as well because then anything connected to it, will have access to the production network.

AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

• Is it registered as host or as device? (you can check its type in host view)
  • In regedit, what is the value of "LoginDialogDisabled" under this key?
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Bradford Networks\Persistent Agent

AEK
AEK
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

Did you check this articles, localhost and logs.

To isolate the issue (just the display), do you see the event created in the logs? The agent behavior should not be related to the hardware but if this are brand new devices the MAC may not be recognized yet. You can check in FNAC CLI or GUI if the vendor OUI is present:

oui.PNG

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors