Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rcpdkc
Contributor II

Fortinac F Guest Automatic Entry

In Fortinac F, when registering as a guest, a code is sent to the mail and how can I make it included in the network by entering this code on the Nac screen. I want it to be included directly in the network with this code without sponsor approval.

5 REPLIES 5
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

This changes can be done on portal configuration as shown below:

guest self.png

The credentials will be auto filled in the guest login page, the user needs just to press the login button.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
rcpdkc

Not like this. I want the user's password to go to the e-mail address.

ebilcari

This are independent options, if you want to achieve that, than just remove the sponsor approval requirement and make sure that the option above is selected "Notify User via Email:" and a message template is selected.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
rcpdkc

So can I do this as a two-factor authentication?
1-The user connects to the Guest Network
2-Fills in the necessary information from the Nac portal.
3-The user receives a 6-digit random code.
4-The user enters the code on the Nac screen and the password appears.

ebilcari

As I know this is not possible, using tokens (6-digit random code) on guest accounts with short lifespan and guest access, may not be feasible. What should be the scope of this token?
SMS can be used for guest accounts but it will also send the password, it will not function as a token verification 2FA.

- Emirjon
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors