Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
lokatseno
New Contributor

Fortimanager

Hi guys, I have been watching training videos for the fortimanager. I get the point we can manage Fortigates via fortimanager.

I have 25+ Fortigates and web filter , policies , objects are named different and those settings are unique to each firewall.

I can import Fortigate and policies but would like to ask on daily basis what can I do or push via manager

For example IF I have to allow application filter such as Skype for all the Fortigates should I just install policy and install it ? What is going to happen with all the naming convention and And same with web filter ?

Or do I just need to go on each fortinet and name the same objects and policies ?

Can some one please give me there day to day use case ?

And suggest me how should I go about using the fortimanager with current deployment ?

Things I’m aware I need to create different adom for each forwards and I can push system templates and policies and update firmware But kind of confuse how’s it’s going to help me with 25 firewalls

Please and thanks

https://9apps.ooo/
3 REPLIES 3
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello lokatseno,

Thank you for using the Community Forum.

I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello lokatseno,

Could you please indicate us under which versions your units are running?

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
markwarner
Staff
Staff

Hi Iokatseno,

If you are using the same object on multiple firewalls, it must have the same name in the FMG ADOM DB.  This is the Policy & Objects section of the FMG GUI.  If you use one policy package for multiple fortigates, that will reference objects in the Object Configurations section. 

These objects will be installed to all fortigates with the same name as in the ADOM DB.  You could "Import Policy" from Device Manager to get a profile from one FortiGate and then install that to another FortiGate - FMG will delete the unused profile from the FortiGate, installing and referencing the new one instead.  Generally when using a FortiManager, configuration is done in FMG and not on the FGT's.

Is this what you were looking for?
Mark.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors