Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
fran19422
New Contributor

Fortimanager - how to search all ADOMs for a particular device ?

Hello, what is the best way to search all ADOMs in FortiManager for a particular device e.g. you have a Fortigate's serial number, but no idea of what ADOM it belongs to ?

is there any way apart from changing system settings to enable global search ?

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

If you know the device name you put on, you can do like below:

xxx-fmg1 # diag dvm device list FMGdemo-60E   <-- "FMGdemo-60E" is the device name
--- There are currently 610 devices/vdoms managed ---
--- There are currently 610 devices/vdoms count for license --- 

TYPE            OID    SN               HA      IP              NAME            
fmgfaz-managed  43867  FGT60ETKxxxxxxxx -       x.x.x.x    FMGdemo-60E     (523)
                |- STATUS: dev-db: not modified; conf: in sync; cond: OK; dm: au
                |- vdom:[3]root flags:0 adom:xxxxxxx pkg:[installed]FMGdemo-P
 <snip>

But to search by S/N, I would dump everything (diag dvm device list), save it into a file, then search the S/N with an editor. I want to know if there is a better way.

I wish FMG supports at least "grep" like FGTs. I know "-f" option wouldn't work for this case even if grep is supported because it's not config.

Toshi

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

If you know the device name you put on, you can do like below:

xxx-fmg1 # diag dvm device list FMGdemo-60E   <-- "FMGdemo-60E" is the device name
--- There are currently 610 devices/vdoms managed ---
--- There are currently 610 devices/vdoms count for license --- 

TYPE            OID    SN               HA      IP              NAME            
fmgfaz-managed  43867  FGT60ETKxxxxxxxx -       x.x.x.x    FMGdemo-60E     (523)
                |- STATUS: dev-db: not modified; conf: in sync; cond: OK; dm: au
                |- vdom:[3]root flags:0 adom:xxxxxxx pkg:[installed]FMGdemo-P
 <snip>

But to search by S/N, I would dump everything (diag dvm device list), save it into a file, then search the S/N with an editor. I want to know if there is a better way.

I wish FMG supports at least "grep" like FGTs. I know "-f" option wouldn't work for this case even if grep is supported because it's not config.

Toshi

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors