Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Fortimanager Automated Reboot

Hello All, We have a fortimanager 3000B and supports ~40 clusters. Lately, it is really running slow and to circumvent the issue we have to reboot it manually. As a lot of people using this device, a nightly reboot will solve our issue. I saw scripting fucntionality on the Fortimanager, however, there is no CLI script that I can apply to the fortimanager, only to the fortigate. Does anybody knows or applied this kind of functionality to the fortimanager?
3 REPLIES 3
laf
New Contributor II

I can only think for a CRON script using TELNET on any Linux distro; SSH it' s more complicated for the authentication/certificates part.

The most expensive and scarce resource for man is time, paradoxically, it' s infinite.

The most expensive and scarce resource for man is time, paradoxically, it' s infinite.
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

Sorry, no experience yet with FM...but on a FortiGate, you have
 conf sys global
    set daily-restart enable
    set restart-time 00:00
 end
I see that there is a CLI (Terminal) in the FM GUI and maybe the above settings are supported.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
ebujedo
Staff
Staff

Hi Ede,

Maybe this can help you, sending scripts from FMG to FGTs
https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortimanager/7.2.0/administration-guide/910004/schedule-a-script

the script needed for rebooting would be:
"execute reboot

y

"
Be aware of pressing enter after the last line

Regards.

Ezequiel

Staff
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors