Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
vinceneil666-01
New Contributor II

Fortimanager API (7.4.2)

We are creating CLI scripts (not provisioning templates) using the Fortimanager API, and have run into some issues.

For testing purposes we create a script that just creates a basic interface. We push this script using API to the Fortimanager, and it does show up in the list. NAME - CLI - Device Database (we want to run it in Device Db, but we have same issues with Remote FGT Direct to)

If I try to edit the script in the web gui - it wont open. And the same goes for all other scripts to after this, even the ones I have created manually. 

If I refresh my web browser, I can edit all my manually crearted scripts, and run them..etc. But as soon as I try to edit or run the script created from API, nothin works. 

I run:  exec fmscript   and all scripts look fine, the API generated looks like the manually created.

I turn on a lot of debug, and record the process of creating a manual script - and I use the exact same procedure when creating the using API.... no go..

I am betting this is some weird bug in Fortimanager ? Have anyone else experienced this ? Any tips for further tshoot ? 

And please - I do not need the link to the admin guide and the API refference, I have read them allready 

---
---
3 REPLIES 3
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Vince,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Vince,

Sorry for the delay, we are still looking for someone to help you.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
vinceneil666-01
New Contributor II

I have started to getting used to it now, after the first 5-6 weeks I just started to see it as a feature. :) 

---
---
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors