Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
celina-netbeopen
New Contributor III

Fortimail displays FEVM00UNLICENSED as serial number

Hello everyone,

I am deploying FortiMail-VM01, i registered the VM and license (ATP) in Fortinet's support portal and downloaded the file 

I deployed the image on the hypervisor Hyper-V. On the CLI the Fortimail displayed the serial number as the name of the VM

My problem, when i try to upload the license file on the GUI it says "Invalid license" and on the general information of the Fortimail the serial number displays "FEVM00UNLICENSED"

Does anyone ever had this issue ? if so i'll be taking any advice to resolve this problem

Kind regards,

10 REPLIES 10
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hello Celina

Which image file did you download and deploy?

AEK
AEK
celina-netbeopen
New Contributor III

Hello AEK,

I downloaded the version 7.0.3, cause thats the current version of my client's FortiMail (I'm doing the migration from Fortimail-200E to Fortimail-VM01)

Kind regards,

AEK

Hello Celina

I mean the image file name please.

AEK
AEK
celina-netbeopen
New Contributor III

Hello AEK,

It is the file with the extension (.lic)

Best regards,

AEK

I mean the image file of the VM (OVF), not the license file.

AEK
AEK
celina-netbeopen
New Contributor III

My apologies, it was something like "fortimail.vhd"

Best regards,

AEK

Hi Celina

Since your license is VM01, in case the VM has more than 1 CPU, shut it down, set the number of CPUs to 1, power it up then try push the license file again.

AEK
AEK
celina-netbeopen
New Contributor III

Hello AEK,

Ive configured the VM with 3 CPUs in advance, just in case 1 CPU wouldnt be enough

my problem is why on the CLI does it show the same serial number as in the support Fortinet portal, but on the GUI it displays "FEVM00UNLICENSED"

Tomorrow i will test if the Fortimail can reach Fortiguard for license validation, do you think that could be the problem ?

best regards,

AEK

Hi Celina

As you have VM01 the number of CPUs MUST be 1, otherwise it will not work properly or it will not work at all.

Regarding the licensing status on your VM, in case you see FortiGuard and all related features are green on the dashboard widget then the wrong CLI output (SN#) could be just a display bug.

AEK
AEK
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors