Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
footpeg
New Contributor

Fortimail Upgrade woes

Hi All, 

Managed to source a brand new Fortimail 100 but very old with V2 firmware.  Upgraded to 3.5.4 (Build 531) which seemed to go OK apart from a user auth prob on POP3 and IMAP.  

The upgraded to 4.0.4 (Build 146). The upgrade seemed to go AOK.  

Can login via SSH.

Can login as a webmail user

but if I go to HTTPS://fortimail/admin I get the login screen, auth AOK but then I get to https://192.168.100.95/admin/FEAdmin.html but the screen is blank!

I cannot get any admin view via the web access.

Anyone got a suggestion?

to make matters worse the box is now refusing SMTP connection attempts with Error 451 4.3.2 Try again later

Should I just bite the bullet and do a clean install of 4.3.9 (Build 548) and just start configuring afresh?

1 Solution
Bromont_FTNT

If you have SSH you can try upgrading with the following:

# execute restore image tftp

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Bromont_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Have you tried different browsers?

If this is a new install then it may have been best to upgrade the firmware then factory reset before starting to configure.

footpeg
New Contributor

Yeah, tried Chromium, Chrome, Firefox and even IE  all with the same result.

And yes, I probably should have upgraded and started afresh. But I'd already invested quite a bit including updating the cert and collecting a big chunk of mail.

Without a web admin tool can I upgrade the firmware via SSH or do I go back to serial and TFTP?

Bromont_FTNT

If you have SSH you can try upgrading with the following:

# execute restore image tftp

footpeg
New Contributor

Great advice, thanks.  I did that and the box came up AOK after a reboot.  Normal web management access etc.

I also solved my auth problem.  Hadn't realised the IMAP and POP3 servers required a complete email address as the UID. All my previous setups had just used the user name

thanks for the timely help

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors