Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Rulo_LS
New Contributor

Fortimail Cloud Questions

Hello Fortinet community

I have a couple of questions regarding FortiMail Cloud.

1.  How does the Fortimail Cloud (gateway mode) count the mailboxes?
  2.  Is there any way to limit those mailboxes that Fortimail Cloud detects?

a customer purchased approx. 120 licenses (mailboxes) of Fortimail Cloud, but now we realize that this number of licenses is exceeded, and we don't really know what problems it may cause.

3 REPLIES 3
AEK
Honored Contributor

Hi Rulo

How many mailboxes do you actually have?

In case you have less then 120 then you should first contact support.

AEK
AEK
druber
New Contributor II

This leads me to a related question.  I have quite a few (30+) email addresses I provide to external sites, many of which go to 2 actual mailboxes on my mail server.  The 'user aliases' feature on fortimail seems to be exactly what I want, but the reseller seems to be saying that the mailbox licensing count does not refer to the actual mailboxes, but any addresses (he didn't quite say that, so I'm trying to get a clarification).  To be clearer: if I have foo@xxx.com, bar@xxx.com and blah@xxx.com => realuser@xxx.com, does that consume 3 licenses or 1?  The actual number of mailboxes I'm servicing is fairly small (6 or so).  I understand in that case, I'd need to license the minimum 25, but if I have to license 30+ (aliases), plus the 6 or so real addresses, that's problematic.

druber
druber
druber
New Contributor II

I think the answer is: actual mailbox count.  Confirmed from the reseller and another forum.

druber
druber
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors