Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
andresruiz
New Contributor II

Fortimail 1000D 6.4.7 version Advanced Search option

Hi,

Is there any configuration to activate the "Log Search Task" or "Advaced Search..." in Fortimail 6.4.7 firmware version?

We need obtain history logs from more than 1 month last, but these firmware version only permit obtain logs from 1 month last.

Could you help me with this, please?

Thanks for all.

Best regards.

7 REPLIES 7
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hello

In menu Log & Report > Log Setting > Local, what is the value of "Log retention period"?

And on the dashboard, what is the percentage of "Log disk usage"?

AEK
AEK
andresruiz
New Contributor II

Hi,

In menu Log & Report > Log Setting > Local, what is the value of "Log retention period"?

0 (day)

what is the percentage of "Log disk usage"?

4.72%

I hope that you be able to resolve the dude.

Thanks for all.

Best regards.

AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

When you are in history view, you click "List" button and you will see the old log files.

You can then select any log file to show its content.

fml_hist.png

AEK
AEK
andresruiz
New Contributor II

Hi,

It´s correct, but I would like to use the Advanced Search button, because this button more than 1 month last and permit use OR filters. The simply Search button doesn´t permit these things. 

Is there some configuration to activate the Advanced Search button in a version less than the 7.0.0 version?

Thanks for all.

Best Regards.

AEK

Unfortunately I don't have 6.4.

But I confirm on my 7.4, once I select an older log file I can then make advanced search in that file.

AEK
AEK
alya
Staff
Staff

Hi Andresruiz,

Unfortunately, the log search task enhancement starts in FML v7.0.0 which is not compatible for FML model 1000D

The release notes here: https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortimail/7.0.0/release-notes/945544/whats-new

andresruiz
New Contributor II

Hi,

Perfect, so it´s not possible.

Thanks for all to all.

Best Regards

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors