Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
bobm
New Contributor III

Fortiguard Advisory

This morning I found something in the console I've never come across.  The message console was full of FortiGuard Advisory messages.  Looks like I got 49 of them all at 15:28 yesterday afternoon.  When I click on "Details" a blank screen comes up so I can't even really see what happened.  I'm going to start digging into traffic logs, etc but wanted to throw it out there in case anyone else has seen this before.

4 REPLIES 4
tanr
Valued Contributor II

I see those as well.  

I haven't clicked on any of them, but from their link addresses look like they are listing out possible vulnerabilities. However the URLs are all off localhost, which won't work too well.

Maybe these are 5.4.1 related?

Anybody else have more details?

bobm
New Contributor III

And I didn't find anything out of the ordinary in the traffic, event, or security logs.

BTW - we're on 5.2.7

tanr
Valued Contributor II

Our 300D received the FortiGuard Advisory messages but our 100D did not.  Both were at 5.4.1.

tanr
Valued Contributor II

I'm seeing more of these now, with FortiGates on 5.4.2.

Unfortunately, a list of 20+ items all titled "FortiGuard Advisory" are not very helpful.

Each link takes you to the details under fortiguard.com/advisory/FG-XXXXXXX.

Unfortunately, the majority of the advisories are for older versions of ForitOS we are not using, some are for hardware we don't have, etc.

Anybody know if:

1. There are plans to have the advisories titled with a useful name, like:

"FortiGuard Advisory: Linux Dirty Cow Vulnerability, CVE-2016-5195"

2. There is any way to filter these based on what hardware and systems we work with?  I'd like to be able to filter out things like FortiDDoS, older versions, etc.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors