Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Janine
New Contributor

Fortigate3100D to Fortigate500E Link

Hi,

i want to connect two Fortigates directly to each other, because for a fallback scenario I need a direct link. Therefore I thought, I put them together via SFP multimode and configure an IP address on both sides. But the Link doesn't come up. There are no failures on Layer 1, neither cables or SFPs. So it seems to be a wrong configuration. My theory is that both Fortigates are waiting for a signal of connection or initialising.

If I put the physical ports into a vSwitch it doesn't work neither.

Is there a special config I need?

Greetings from Germany,

Janine

2 REPLIES 2
Janine
New Contributor

Hi,

the Fortigate-Support says I need to upgrade from 6.2.3 to 6.2.4. I do not really understand why only the Layer3 port to the other Forti has a problem and not the Layer3 port to our provider, but sure, I love to upgrade!

Greetings,

Janine

hidris
New Contributor

Hi,

we have similar setup between two fortigate where L3 is between fortigate devices though the L2 here is cisco switches and we have no problem.

can you confirm there is any switches in between where you may have spanning tree blocking the L2 communication.? 

further, you may type the following command in the remote FGT [ diag sniff packet any 'host x.x.x.x' ] where x.x.x.x is ip address of local FGT and vise versa. this will help you identify which one is blocking the communication.

NSE4, NSE5, NSE7 and NSE8 Certified

NSE4, NSE5, NSE7 and NSE8 Certified
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors