Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Fortigate30b: IpSec VPN between two public ip addresses?

Hello to everybody in this forum. I read your advices everyday but it' s the first time for me to interact here with you. I checked some previous posts that talk about IpSec between two public ip addresses but I can' t solve my problem and I am a bit confused. Hope that somebody can help me, I would be so pleased.... I have a fortigate30b and I need to nat all traffic behind my public address. I am trying to set up a VPN tunnel between my Fortigate30B and another firewall/server (I don' t know much about it, it is managed by other guys). In the past I always have setup VPNs between private ip addresses and this time I am not able to obtain a good result with 2 public ip addresses. My fortigate30b is behind a router and I need to set up a VPN tunnel between my public Ip address and theyr public Ip address. The VPN is up in the status monitor, I can ping theyr firewall public Ip but I am not able to telnet theyr Ip. I tryed to change the configuration but the guys tell to me that I am always tring to connect with them from my subnet 10.1.1.0/24 and thtat will never work because they need a Public Ip form my side. they don' t allow tunneling to my private network. They also wrote to me that my error is about: IKE: Quick Mode Completion; IKE IDs: host: xxx.firewall-guys-host-Public-Ip.3 and subnet: 10.1.1.0 (mask=255.255.255.0) while the guys told to me to change in: IKE: Quick Mode completion; IKE IDs: subnet: xxx.guys-net-Public-Ip-.0 (mask=255.255.255.192) Any advices? Please help me!
10 REPLIES 10
Maik
New Contributor II

No lie there.... What hoops we have to jump through....
An IP is an IP. It does not care if its public or private. since I saw something like this from a traceroute through a Public/Internet line, i expect anything: Internal host 1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.x.254 2 3 ms 2 ms 3 ms 89.x.x.125 3 3 ms 1 ms 2 ms 1.x.x.2 4 2 ms 1 ms 1 ms 10.x.x.9 5 2 ms 1 ms 1 ms 10.x.x.1 6 2 ms 1 ms 1 ms 10.x.x.x 7 3 ms 2 ms 2 ms 93.x.x.x 8 47 ms 8 ms 3 ms 93.x.x.x 9 2 ms 2 ms 2 ms 89.x.x.x Public webserver. *sigh* (this post is not related to the original question)
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors