Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rufoa
New Contributor

Fortigate with public IP

Hi guys, a need assistance with a FortiGate that currently have access with a public IP and I don know how to disable this to only access with my VPN.

I'm new about Fortinet so there are some things that I don't know.

5 REPLIES 5
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

In GUI under Network->Interfaces, open and enter into Edit mode of the interface your public IP is configured, likely one of wan interfaces. In Administrative Access section, HTTPS and/or HTTP must be "checked". Just uncheck them. That would disable it. Make sure you do this while you're connected via VPN. 

Toshi

rufoa
New Contributor

Hi Toshi

If I do this, it will mean that I will access with VLAN IP I previously configured?

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

The change you would make is to just disable HTTPS/HTTP access to the wan interface with its public interface IP. It wouldn't affect any other interfaces including the internal interfaces you can reach over a VPN, and which I assume you've set up your admin access to with its interface (private) IP.  You will keep using it without any additional change.

rufoa

Toshi, 

I tried what you said but it doesn't work, also I have a VLAN with a private IP but still doesn't work, in the VLAN I enable HTTP/HTTPS.

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm assuming the VLAN interface is allowed for PING and you can ping it from internal device. Also assuming the VLAN subnet has been made reachable over VPN. Can you ping it over the VPN? If not you need to troubleshoot the reachability problem first.

Toshi

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors