Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dnocete
New Contributor II

Fortigate with Multigabit

Currently, internet service providers are beginning to provide routers (CPEs) that include multi-gigabit Ethernet interfaces (Copper). Currently, in the Fortinet Firewall range, you either have Gigabit ports or 10G ports. Do you have plans to upgrade any mid-range or low-end models that support this type of interface?

4 REPLIES 4
msolanki
Staff
Staff

We have range of devices which support the ethernet too . you can check the data sheet of FortiGate lower and mid device model like 30E,50E,60F ,80F etc .

dnocete
New Contributor II

These devices support 1Gb Ethernet, but no mutigigabit Ethernet with 2,5Gb, 5Gb, 10Gb speeds.

pmhp
New Contributor

Multi-gigabit isn't available for low range FortiGate XX models yet, you need to use mid-range XXX models at present if you need multi-gig. I too would buy a multi-gig low range FortiGate for my home lab if it were available, The 100F is too expensive for my budget.

dnocete
New Contributor II

I've checked that FG90G support mGb .  Two ports with 1G/2,5G/5G y 10G.  But 40F, 60F. 80F not support and manage more than 1Gb Firewall Throughput.  I guess new 40G, 60G, 80G will appear

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors