Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Skyfire23
New Contributor II

Fortigate unexpectedly reboot after removing SSID

Hello, Do you have any information about the new bug in the latest version of Fortigate 7.0.9?
In short when I remove the SSID from Fortigate then I notice that I lose the connection to Fortigate, also I see how Fortigate has been rebooted unexpectedly, after reboot I wait for the check disk before getting the Fortigate back. The Fortigate is 601F I identified these logs on the system events.
Message Fortigate had experienced an unexpected power off!
Message Unsafe reboot may have caused inconsistency in disk drive. Please run execute disk scan 17
I did found this release note  for 7.0.9 but there I don't see bug with this behaviour:
Known issues | FortiGate / FortiOS 7.0.9 (fortinet.com)
Any one with the same issue in 7.0.9?
Also which version is stable in the current moment for Fortigate 601F?

I see this behavior when the SSID is in Bridge mode.
Thank you in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
abarushka
Staff
Staff

Hello,

You may consider to connect PC to both FortiGates via console cable and run the commands below, try to reproduce the issue and check the output:

diagnose debug kernel level 7
diagnose debug console timestamp enable
diagnose debug duration 0
diagnose debug enable

FortiGate
Skyfire23
New Contributor II

Hi,

Thank you for the commands.
We opened case to Fortinet.

FYI
The bug is occurs  only when deleting SSID from GUI.
When we remove SSID from CLI we don't see any issues.

Best Regards.

Sheikh
Staff
Staff

Hi,

You can also try this command, as it will give some more information.

#diagnose debug crashlog read

the "read" option will probably not be listed as an option but it WILL work if there is a crashlog to show. So go ahead and type "diag debug crashlog read" even if "diag debug crashlog ?" does not show "read" as an option.

regards,

Sheikh

**If you come across a resolution, kindly show your appreciation by liking and accepting it, ensuring its accessibility for others**
Skyfire23
New Contributor II

Hi Sheikh ,
Thank you for joining to the topic.
I am new with Fortigate, please could you share your experience regarding the stability of the Fortigate devices and their OS?
Should I expect multiple bugs?

Skyfire23
New Contributor II

Hi,

New Update is available.
Known issues | FortiGate / FortiOS 7.0.10 (fortinet.com)In the release note I see answers for the most identified bugs with unexpected reboots.

Best Regards.

cbrizzell
New Contributor

This just happened to me yesterday - running 7.2.5

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors