Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
lk777
New Contributor

Fortigate trial 4 inerfaces limitation

I have set up Fortigate 7.2.3 trial QEMU VM in GNS3.

How am I supposed to to evaluate the product if I can't even create a VLAN interface?

There are 3 physical interfaces and 1 fortlink (802.3ad Aggregate).

Error message:

Maximum number of entries has been reached.

Object set operator error, -4 discard the setting.

6 REPLIES 6
gfleming
Staff
Staff

You can create fewer physical interfaces on the VM Guest config and then create a VLAN interface.

Or if you need more advanced evaluation criteria for a business case you should contact your Fortinet SE or Channel Partner and get a full 60-day evaluation.

Cheers,
Graham
rehmatsafi

sir i have install fortinet firewall on pnet lab (eve-ng) now when I am creating vlan it can create this problem.

Maximum number of entries has been reached.

Object set operator error, -4 discard the setting.

gfleming

Are you on version 7.2.2+? You can only have three interfaces. This includes physical and VLAN interfaces combined.

Cheers,
Graham
Sunday
New Contributor

Hello,

There are 10 interfaces by default at the VM settings level but the Fortigate VM (FortiOS) allows only 3 to be used (license limitation), so it seems not possible to create another one with vlan - or any other - type. It's also impossible to delete an existing port or to change its type to vlan.

Regards,

gfleming

You should be able to edit how many NICs you present to the VM in your hypervisor. If you want to play with VLANs then use only two NICs in the VM config and then create a VLAN inside the VM.

Cheers,
Graham
Sunday

It was so obvious... Thanks ;)

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors