Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rsaberov43
New Contributor II

Fortigate np_phy_bcm84728 reset failed phy 0x0012

Hello!

I have one Fortigate 3960E. FortiOS 7.0.5.

In cli i always get an error NP_SW: BCM84728:SPI-Download Firmware download failure:Incorrect Checksum 900d phy_id = 12

I couldn't find information about this error anywhere.
Maybe you know what this error is?

thank you in advance

np_phy_bcm84728 reset failed phy 0x0012
BCM84728:SPI-Download Firmware download failure:Incorrect Checksum ffff phy_id = 12

1 REPLY 1
fricci_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi @rsaberov43 ,

Do you get this error just after you make any config change or do any specific action?
Have you tried to failover (if you have HA cluster) or reboot the box to see if the message is still present?

I suggest you to open a FortiCare ticket with us so an engineer will be able to investigate it further. A RMA might be needed.
Please also log a Putty session, collect the following outputs and attach them to the new created ticket:
get system status

diagnose debug comlog read

Please note that comlog output will be available only if comlog has been previously enabled: https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-How-to-use-the-COMLog-feature/ta-p/195390

Regards,

---
If you have found a useful article or a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors