Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
daj
New Contributor

Fortigate is Frequently going down

Hi,

Installed on 26.09.2016. From last thursday FortiWifi 30E is going down . And we are manually restarting the device to make the device up and running. All the configuration worked normal . The problem has started last thursday. No changes has been made recently . This device is connected to a HP Procurve switch . FortiWifi 30 E is installed on 26.09.2016 and FortiAP 221C is also connected to one of its LAN port on 26.09.2016 (same date) . No changes are made til today(No configurations are new ) . But FortiWifi 30E is simply going down from 3.11.2016.

The device stop responding . i can see that all the LEDs works fine with green lights, but I am not able to login in to the device . I am not able to ping to that ip.  So I need to restart the device to make it up or to ping to that device ip. The top lights are flashing at the port side.  Could please check the configuration file too which I attached. 

8 REPLIES 8
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Although I'm not too familiar with 30E, I would more worry about the current running status than configuration since it's most likely a bug or other type of failures due to some environmental changes. Is that 5.4.0 or .1? I would check CPU/memory usage first. Then "diag sys top" to check if anything stands out, and so on. Eventually you would end up opening a TT at TAC. 

daj

Hi,

I tried the command diag sys top . but I am not able to find any unusual thing. 

But is there any feature in Fortigate that shows Transmitted Pause frames and Received pause frames 

Thanks

ede_pfau

hi,

if you are still on v5.4 or v5.4.1 then please upgrade to v5.4.2. That's what Support will ask you to do anyway.

Then, in the GUI, please check the version of the IPS engine. Lately, there have been problems with it, version 3.167 should be fine.

And then, open a ticket with Support to get this sorted out. Might even be a hardware issue even if unlikely.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
daj
New Contributor

Hi ,

I am not able to understand wht you mean by "Lately, there have been problems with it, version 3.167 should be fine." 

I am attaching a network diagram also . 

Thanks

ede_pfau

If you look in System > Config > FortiGuard, you will see the IPS signature version and the IPS engine version. Usually the IPS engine is updated very rarely and automatically.

If you determine the version you are using we can see if it's prone to problems which have surfaced lately.

Ede

daj
New Contributor

Hi,

I have IPS Definitions  - Version 6.00741

IPS Engine  -   Version 3.00279

So what can    i do now. I don't know any thing about this  . 

Thanks

ede_pfau

In this recent thread on the forums https://forum.fortinet.com/tm.aspx?m=140855 fellow users reported that they obtained a new IPS engine update from Customer Service and it fixed their crashes on FG-60D, 90Ds.

Customer service is the only instance where you could get this engine update. If you are willing to invest the time, open a ticket with Support and report your situation. You may explicitely refer to the above mentioned thread to focus the attention on the IPS engine.

Ede

s_sadm_n
New Contributor

We have the same issue..Any feedback regarding the problem?Thank you for your response.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors