Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Hehomarco
New Contributor

Fortigate explicit webproxy chaining problem

Hello everyone, i have a problem with the proxy chaining feature and explicit webproxy. I use Kerberosauthentication with explicit proxy on two fortigates 2000e and 500e. Now i want to redirect one url from the explicit webproxy from the 2000e to the 500e with the web proxy forwarding servers feature. The forwarding works fine and i have a proxyrule at the 500e that allows all to reach the forwarded address without the need to be in a special group or authentication. But when the forward from the url from the 2000e explicit proxy takes place then i get the replacementmessage authorization failed. Can anybody help me ?

Thank you 

3 REPLIES 3
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Did you inspect the  HTTP headers?  if Authorization  is using Kerberos how does the 2 proxy work?

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Hehomarco

Hello,

what do you mean with inspect the HTTP headers ? The second proxy (500E) also use Kerberos but for testing i made a rule like this.

Source: all

Destination: all

Shedule: always

action: accept

If my forwarded URL goes to the second proxy (500E) than it should be allowed by this policy without authentication because i dont have any group at this policy.

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

I use Kerberosauthentication with explicit proxy on two fortigates 2000e and 500e.

What do you mean by kerberos and two fgt?

Inspect headers means dump  the HTTP headers on both paths to the two proxies?

Also what did diag debug flow show you?

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors