Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Fortigate dont start up after upgrading firmware

I upgraded my Fortigate 100 from v2.80MR11 to v3.0MR2. After it shut down it would not start again. Status LED is blinking, cannot connect by ethernet or by Console. Looks " dead" . What do I do now? Brdgs Spitsbergen
5 REPLIES 5
CalC0949
New Contributor

I had to revert to 2.80MR11. Even then I continue to have problems and am in the process of obtaining a replacement hard disk for my Fortigate 3600. I also could not connect by console after a failed upgrade until I removed power from the box and did a hard restart. If you have already done that, then you probably need to contact Fortinet support directly.
Not applicable

I finally found a consoll cabel that worked and could install an earlyer firmware. When I tried the firmware that did not work i got an error message informing that the .out file was incompleet. So I will download again and try once more.... Brgds from Spitsbergen, 78 degrees north.
CalC0949
New Contributor

OK. I tried mine again on the model 3600. I was able to upgrade to 3.0, but the configuration did not import. So, I am back at 2.80MR11 with a working config. Good luck there at 78 North. I' ve been to Thule, Greenland at 76 North - thankfully in July and August. Brgds.
Not applicable

Hi, i have my fortigate 50A start up problem also after upgrading firmware from 2.80 MR11 to 3.0 MR3. I also tried using CLI but it show " Not a boot image" after the " Press any key to display configuration menu" . can anyone help.
abelio

re-start the whole process one again: -format flash -get image from a tftp server you can follow http://kc.forticare.com/default.asp?id=338&SID=&Lang=1 steps

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors