Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
arnaudnpago
New Contributor

Fortigate doesn't display the saturating applications in fortiview

Hello,

I've a newly deployed Fortigate 200F in my LAN. I've an internet souscription bandwith of 16M.

Recently I've been realizing that my bandwith is constantly saturated, but Fortiview doesn't show me the applications that saturate the bandwith.

34d5e2ed-5956-49a0-875d-17683325ff85.jpg1396c60c-7f13-436b-aeae-9ac2038fc4e1.jpg

As you can see on the images above, the total bw of the internet applications displayed by the firewall (4Mbps) is much lower than our subscription (16Mbps) but it still displays our bw saturated, and the internet service is slow.

Please note that this is not permanent. It happens constantly.
When look to the security report, the firewall doesn't indicate any malicious attack.

Please any help will be very appreciated.

Thanks 

Knowledge is Power...
Knowledge is Power...
3 REPLIES 3
hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @arnaudnpago

You mentioned that your internet subscription bandwidth is 16Mbps. Is it for download and upload? 

In the fist image, inbound bandwidth is already 15.96Mbps. Is that the Bandwidth of your internal interface? 

Under FortiView Applications by Bandwidth, Windows.File.Sharing_Read.File alone already consumes 6.50Mbps of the bandwidth plus other applications. 

Regards,

arnaudnpago

Hi @hbac  

thank you for your reply

16Mbps for download

15.96Mbps is the bandwidth of the WAN interface not internal interface.

Windows.File.Sharing_Read.File is a local network service, so 6.50Mbps is the bandwidth of his internal traffic not internet traffic.

Knowledge is Power...
Knowledge is Power...
arnaudnpago
New Contributor

Hello,

Please can any one help me on this ? 

The problem remains

Knowledge is Power...
Knowledge is Power...
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors