Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
DarrienW
New Contributor

Fortigate displays only one Port

I have set up a Fortigate VM and can access the web interface. When I execute the command "get sys int physical" in the CLI, only port 1 is displayed. In the Web GUI under Interfaces is also only port 1 to see. I would like to know how I can use all three ports in the test version.

1 Solution
abarushka
Staff
Staff

Hello,

It is necessary to create an interface on hypervisor level first. After that new interface will be visible in FortiGate GUI/CLI.

FortiGate

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
abarushka
Staff
Staff

Hello,

It is necessary to create an interface on hypervisor level first. After that new interface will be visible in FortiGate GUI/CLI.

FortiGate
DarrienW

thanks a lot. I create two new virtual interfaces and added it to the FortigateVM now the other two ports are up. I really want to know the reason why this step is necessary can you explain that? A real Fortigate appliance doesn't have more than one networkadapter each port or?

abarushka

Hello,

Unlike hardware unit in case of VM administrator is flexible to choose how many vNIC to configure and vNIC type (i.e. vmxnet3, e1000). Required vNICs can be created during initial deployment or added later. By default only one vNIC will be configured for other operating systems as well.

FortiGate
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors