Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
CAD
Contributor

Fortigate device identifies some internal mail as spam

Hello ,

we have attendance program integrated with exchange server to send mail to employees coming late or absent from work . After setup the fortigate  and applied email filter some of employees receiving in junk not as before.the email coming from my exchange why consder it spam. please help me to avoid this matter.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
CAD
Contributor

any update ?

please advise me to avoid this issue

thanks.

Bromont_FTNT

We don't have much info to go on here... Where's the exchange server in relation to the employee network? Do you need spam protection on those firewall policies?

CAD

Thanks for reply,

the exchange behind firewall. yes , i need to protect my server against Spam.

and Also the some users receiving email in  junk folder  from internal sender.

if need further information please let me know.

Thanks. 

The_Doctor
New Contributor II

We have not enough information about your mailflow so its difficult to help.

I had a similar issue and will tell you what i have done, maybe it will help:

In our company ServerX sends internal Mails to our Fortimail and the Fortimail relays the mails to our internal Exchange. This messages were detected as Spam from Outlook.

My solution was to create a transport rule on our Exchange for all mails where the Received Header contains "from ServerX" and set the spam confidence level to -1. The mails are not SPAM anymore.

CAD

Thanks for reply,

this our mail flow : internet -------- forigate ---------exchange server

We do not have fortimail or anti spam program. What information is needed please tell me I will posted here.

thanks

The_Doctor
New Contributor II

Then you should search for help in an Outlook or Exchange forum.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors