Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mmjo
New Contributor II

Fortigate destination policy with user

Hi.

We are using Cisco ISE with the pxgrid connector to fortimanager and that works fine.

but need to create fortigate policies with a user on both source and destination cause our cisco sda uses /19 subnets and seperated with sgt tags (pxgrid).

But when im trying to install a policy im only able to do source user, on destination there's no user tab.

Is that working as intended? cause then i need to have fortinet to make it work, out local fortinet team said it should work.

thx

Morten

1 Solution
pminarik
Staff
Staff

Actual user/group objects can only be used as a source-filter.

However, what about using a dynamic address object for your goal?
As far as I know, pxgrid is intergrated via FMG pushing the info to the FGT over the FSSO protocol.

For FSSO you should be able to create a matching address object:

type = dynamic

sub type = FSSO

FSSO group = <select your pxgrid group/tag>

The resulting address object should be selectable as a destination address in a firewall policy.

Have you tried this?

[ corrections always welcome ]

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi

I don't know such feature on FortiOS.

AEK
AEK
smaruvala
Staff
Staff

Hi,

Currently, this is not supported. We have a feature request but the feature is not available in any version yet. 

Regards,

Shiva

pminarik
Staff
Staff

Actual user/group objects can only be used as a source-filter.

However, what about using a dynamic address object for your goal?
As far as I know, pxgrid is intergrated via FMG pushing the info to the FGT over the FSSO protocol.

For FSSO you should be able to create a matching address object:

type = dynamic

sub type = FSSO

FSSO group = <select your pxgrid group/tag>

The resulting address object should be selectable as a destination address in a firewall policy.

Have you tried this?

[ corrections always welcome ]
mmjo
New Contributor II

Hi your a lifesaver, works like a charme.

Also better this way, then i dont need a ip subnet on the src and dst, the dynamic adress with the fsso/pxgrid group works.

thx

AEK

I love this solution. Didn't think about before.

AEK
AEK
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors