Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AUT_Maverick
New Contributor III

Fortigate conserve Mode

We have with our Fortigate 200E Firewall again and again the problem with the Conserved Mode.
Today at 03.00 in the morning and just a few minutes ago the memory usage of the 200E increased to 85% and 90% where all SSL VPN connections and DNS queries to the internet stopped working.
Today we have killed 2x the different "WAD" processes in the Forti task manager.

After that it ran for about 6h and jumped again. What can we do? Is there a memory upgrade for the 200E? If I read correctly it has 4GB RAM.

HUVA
HUVA
4 REPLIES 4
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

Hi Huva,

I understand that you restarted wad process, did you confirm wad was causing high memory usage? If it was confirmed, then we can configure a script to restart the wad process every few hours. If the process was not confirmed we need to check which process is causing the high memory usage . User "diag sy top" and press shift+M to sort by memory usage.

Do you see any details on crashlog - "diag debug crashlog read"

Ref: https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Troubleshooting-Tip-How-to-do-initial-troubleshooting-of...

Can you also confirm the OS version.

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

freak22
New Contributor

This is always been the fix for me as well. It’s very sporadic and I haven’t noticed anything that triggers the issue but it usually only happens once in a few months for me on a pair of 100F.

10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254
BillH_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi @AUT_Maverick HVA

Please help to share the feedback by following these commands, too. Knowing detailed information in your device is a big help for us. Thanks

fnsysctl date

get system status

get hardware status

diagnose autoupdate versions

get sys perf status

diag sys session stat

get sys perf firewall statistics

diag hardware sysinfo memory

diag hardware sysinfo slab

diagnose hardware sysinfo shm

diag sys vd list | grep fib

diagnose sys mpstat 1 5