Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ted_barker
New Contributor

Fortigate and Fortimanager, is there a test virtual machine environment to access machines

Hi, We need to play around with different FGT and FMG and FAZ versions and wanted to know if Fortinet has some free access to demo or virtual machines that one could use for some period of time free of charge.
8 REPLIES 8
Sunil_Panchal_NSE7
New Contributor III

For that go to support.fortinet.com/Main.aspx

and download vm for all product and test with 15 day trail licences.

MikePruett

Yeah, the licenses you download from support will work for a few days (14) with various limitations (6 policies only on Gate VMs).

It should be enough for you to dive in and get pseudo familiar with things though.

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
ted_barker

What I meant is access to a demo environment, where I do not have to run the VMs on my own machine. Something like Microsoft does with it's windows server and other os's for IT Professionals.
ted_barker

Actually I was looking for access demos also for APs managed by FortiCloud. FMG, FAZ in different versions, fortiauthenticator, fortisandbox, fortimail etc.
ede_pfau

FTNT has a lot of their products online for demo purposes.

https://www.fortinet.com/demo-center.html

The only thing they ask for is that you enter some contact info.

If you need more, different FortiOS versions for example, then get the VMs and/or get in touch with a FTNT partner or SE.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
ted_barker

Ok, so I received an email with an access to a system I can play around.

Not bad.

The only thing would be nice to have access to different versions, 5.2, 5.4 and 5.6.

ede_pfau

As I said, contact your local Fortinet SE (or office, or partner). Maybe they can set up VMs just for you. Threaten them with a pending order.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
ted_barker

This is exactly what I wanted to avoid :))

Fortidemo is quite ok, but they lack some log data, e.g. for the Fortianalyzer, IOC, Threats, Summary all do not go back long enough to see something.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors