Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jonathanaxford
New Contributor II

Fortigate Web Proxy Forwarding Server issue

Hi Experts, 

We have a Fortigate 300D running 6.0.4 and we are using it to proxy requests from our own network to a 3rd party. 

We are currently migrating configuration from a Bluecoat ProxySG appliance and have hit a snag. The Bluecoat has a number of forwarding rules configured, all of which are set up as type 'Server' and as opposed to type 'Proxy'

On the FG, if we mirror these configurations using a Web Proxy Forwarding Server in the policy, none of it works (We see the traffic leave the FG, but our pages time out). My theory at this point is that the FG forwarder is expecting to forward requests only to another Proxy server and not directly to a  Web Server so there is difference in what the Web Server is expecting? 

We have got the services working by adding static DNS entries on the FG for the forwarder destinations and removing the forwarders from the rule, but I just want to make sure I understand any limitations on the FG before I stick with this...

Any info or ideas much appreciated, 

Cheers

J

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors