Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
maeLove
New Contributor

Fortigate Scoping

Good day everyone,

I'm not sure if this will be the right to place this post. Anyway, I just want to ask how do you scope your clients needs to propose a certain model of Fortigate that will fit their requirements? Can you have some advice or tips how to handle clients requirements to come up with a good fortigate model. I'm asking this for I'm not certain to some particular model of fortigate if that will fit or overkill for clients requirements. Thank you.

Regards,

maeLove

1 Solution
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

This goes with the cyberoam post that I just replied in it, but you need to sit down and 1st determine what/where they are now and any needs or growths in the future.

Looking for any compliance support ( do they need  HIPPA/PCI , is it a school and have  URL or AS issues to attend,DLP, etc.....)

Do they need or deploy any windows AD structure

How about any hosted public-facing webserver or other applications

How about HA  issues

SSL or IPSEC remote vpn  ( this plays heavily in  the sizing of the appliance )

Do they forecast a possible wireless overlay in the near future

Do they have issues with BYOD  controls and separation

I can ramble on and on, but in reality  you scope the unit after you conduct your query and investigations. There's no one single method, nor a template that you can just throw across the desk

But that's how I scope out a prospect &  in the big picture.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

View solution in original post

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
2 REPLIES 2
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

This goes with the cyberoam post that I just replied in it, but you need to sit down and 1st determine what/where they are now and any needs or growths in the future.

Looking for any compliance support ( do they need  HIPPA/PCI , is it a school and have  URL or AS issues to attend,DLP, etc.....)

Do they need or deploy any windows AD structure

How about any hosted public-facing webserver or other applications

How about HA  issues

SSL or IPSEC remote vpn  ( this plays heavily in  the sizing of the appliance )

Do they forecast a possible wireless overlay in the near future

Do they have issues with BYOD  controls and separation

I can ramble on and on, but in reality  you scope the unit after you conduct your query and investigations. There's no one single method, nor a template that you can just throw across the desk

But that's how I scope out a prospect &  in the big picture.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
maeLove
New Contributor

Thank you for this info. I really appreciate it, now I have some idea how will I handle our clients. 

Best Regards

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors