Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Ranithd
New Contributor

Fortigate SSL VPN disconnects between 2-5 minutes suddenly

Dear all, 

Im using fortigate 60E with 5.6 firmware. All users can work only for few minutes & the VPN suddenly gets disconnected. No error comes in. I have installed forticlient 5.6 aas well, but it also give same results

1 Solution
Agent_1994

Sorry for the delay, i was *way* busy 

I had a similar problem with SD-WAN where i work: replies from the ssl vpn were load balanced among our links, i observed traffic going out to wan2 with wan1's IP.

It was solved with this:

config vpn ssl settings

set route-source-interface enable

end

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Agent_1994
Contributor

Do you have two wan interfaces?

Ranithd

I  have 4M ILL with public IP + 2 other Internet links. load balanced between 3 of them as  ILL(50%)  & 25%  25% .

VPN policy works through ILL

Agent_1994

Sorry for the delay, i was *way* busy 

I had a similar problem with SD-WAN where i work: replies from the ssl vpn were load balanced among our links, i observed traffic going out to wan2 with wan1's IP.

It was solved with this:

config vpn ssl settings

set route-source-interface enable

end

Bonus45

Hey, thanks agent.  I was setting up a new vpn tonight and couldn't figure out the frequent disconnects.  Your listed fix did the trick.

Thanks!

Juma
New Contributor

Hi All, 

I have similar issue, I have FGT 1200D version 5.6.0. 

I have two ISP links, and I have set up SD-WAN. 

I tried the above solution but it still does not work. I have also in put the command below

config vpn ssl settings  set source-interface "ISP"  where ISP is the desired link. 

Still doesn't work. Anybody figured it out? 

Agent_1994

Did you try "set route-source-interface enable"?

Juma

Hi Agent 1994,

Yes I did. Still disconnecting after a few minutes. 

Ashik_Sheik

Hi 

Is there any drops in your internet connection  and how many links added for the SSL VPN  .Try to check the logs in the forticlient .

Regds,

Ashik

Ashu 

Ashu
Juma

Hi Ashik, 

No drops in the internet connectivity , I had suspected that early one. 

For SSL VPN we only use one link.

I uploaded the logs to Fortinet support, they suggested a but in 5.6 which an upgrade might sort. 

That's the next course of action as of now. 

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors