Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mhaneke
Contributor

Fortigate SFP+ compatibility FortiOS 7.4

Hello,

I did not find a clear statement, if and which DAC-Cables are compatible with FG-200F / FG-100F.

FortiSwitch-Compatible Transceivers states only compatibilities for FortiSwitches. And Fortinet Transceivers Data Sheet has only informations on tranceivers, but does not state anything about compatibility.

Is there a HCL specially for FortiGate?

In my case we like to use FN-TRAN-SFP+SR and FN-CABLE-SFP+1 in FG-200F and FG-100F

best regards

Martin

best regards
Martin
best regardsMartin
3 REPLIES 3
ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor III

Hello @mhaneke ,

For FortiGate, there is no detailed guide about sfp compatibility. But I found a document about that, you can review it.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-SFP-transceiver-support-on-FortiGate-100F-...

Probably your SFP's will work with 200F.

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
mhaneke

Hello @ozkanaltas ,

thank You. I found that article already. But it does not state anything about compatibility with the specific transceivers, nor about the compatibility of Fortinet DAC-cables. That is why I opened this post.

BTW: Fortinet has a no return policy. Thus I expect them to state clearly which transceivers and DAC-cables run with Fortigate.

best regards

Martin

best regards
Martin
best regardsMartin
ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor III

Hello @mhaneke ,

I understand your concern. In my past experience, ForiGate was not picky about SFP. FortiGate has supported 95% of the 3rd party SFPs I have installed so far. It probably won't be a problem, but it will put your mind at ease if someone authorized answers.

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors