Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Billgazz
New Contributor

Fortigate Modem 3G

Hi, I have a problem with the configuration of a 3g modem Huawei K3765. The sim is an operator TIM Italy but the configuration seems to me 22201 UTRAN network, how do I switch providers

3 REPLIES 3
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

What do you mean actually by switch providers? Is the modem unlock? If yes than pop your sim and set the correct APN.

e.g

AT+CGDCONT=1,"the name here" 

and define the dial strings

ATD*99***1#

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx2kASHQE_M

I would always suggest testing the modem using a non-Fortigate 1st to ensure data is enabled on  the modem. You might need a generic dialer program for this.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Billgazz
New Contributor

also run this guide but does not connect . What I Checked the ' operator remains come type of network and UTRAN are Profile ATV

1. How to enable 3g-modem: #config system modem set status enable set phone1 *99# set extra-init1 “at+cgdcont=1,\”IP\”,\”ibox.tim.it\”” end 2. If modem ID needs to be added: #fnsysctl cat /proc/bus/usb/devices        —– get the USB device ID 3. Sample configuration for custom 3g-modem: #config system 3g-modem custom set vendor “My Phone Company” set model “my phone model” set vendor-id “ff55″ set product-is “88aa” end 5. Tools for Troubleshooting: #diagnose sys modem detect wireless #diagnose sys modem external-modem

rmanzanilla
New Contributor

Hi, 

I would like to know a few things: - The modem is unlocked? - Do you check the apn DialNumber? - Could you paste the CLI configuration?

Best Regards

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors