Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mhoang
New Contributor

Fortigate HA cluster uninterrupting upgrade

Hi,

I've just conducted a HA cluster firmware upgrade via FortiManager. During the upgrade, my VPN to the HA cluster was disconnected for 5 minutes. Was this expected behaviour during uninterrupted cluster upgrade? I would expect an uninterrupted upgrade would cause a brief disruption to existing traffic.

FortiOS document mentioned that there might be configuration pending unit reboot which will force both device rebooted at the same time during upgrade. Is there a command that I can check any pending configuration change prior to the firmware upgrade on the units? 

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
bkrishnan
Staff
Staff

Hi
Hope you are doing well!
Did both the devices got rebooted? As per your point "reboot which will force both device rebooted at the same time during upgrade." If both the devices got rebooted it will not only affect the VPN services.
You can verify the system events for configuration changes but there will be no status of the event to verify was it pending at the time of the issue.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors