Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Malim
New Contributor

Fortigate From US valid in Europe?

Hi, i was wondering, you can order Fortigate (for example, 60 - 90D with UTM Bundel) by amazon or ebay from US. they do deliver it to europe for 40€ for shipping and the devices are realy cheap if you compare with europe price. like for 60D bundel you pay only 500€ . so the question is. is that legal and valid for europe? will i get the support? why are those fortigate that much cheaper in the US ?
1 REPLY 1
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

my thoughts; You can a buy a fortigate anywhere and uses it. It' s probably cheaper due to American-taxes vrs VAT charges in the EU area in general. E.g VAT in UK can be 15-18% or more , where as sales taxes in Florida/USA is aprox 8.5% depending on county location For support contract, your best is to buy a support contract from a vendor in that country that you plan on operating. I had problems where I had to ship an appliance at my own cost back to a USA vendor in order to get support. You will also need to check if you would have to pay VAT upon arrive. Example I order something in the USA and shipped it via DHL to London and had to pay VAT on top of the USA sale-tax. So I got hit twice with added taxes that I didn' t take into consideration. So be careful and check all of avenues b4 buying. I would look at Amazon or Ebay and a UK dealer if your in the UK and just buy it. Unless your taveling to the USA o vacation and business, than pick up a few stuff them in your bags I personally don' t think there' ' s any shortcut with eliminating value-add-taxes completely. You will pay the systems at one of the pond in VAT, Shipping or other costs. Do your math and planning.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors