Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
khojaluna
New Contributor

Fortigate Free VM 7.2.1 (LAB) - Can I pay for UTM or just get a 40F?

All,

It looks like you can now get a free license for FortiOS 7.2.x which is great! For my home setup I really don't need much more resources than that but it would be great to be able to pay to get other features such as UTM, is that possible?

The other option is to just get a 40F and pay for that licensing, not ideal but it's probably the only other option that's out there.

I just wish Fortinet helped us spread the word and encouraged us to do that!

Thanks!

10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254
2 REPLIES 2
pminarik
Staff
Staff

The doc says "no FortiGuard support", which is a fairly strong indicator that you can't attach indidual a la carte licenses to it.

The permanent trial license is still limited by low crypto, which would make most UTM features unusable anyway, even if you could get them licensed.

ref: https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.2.3/administration-guide/441460/permanent-trial-mode-...

[ corrections always welcome ]
gfleming
Staff
Staff

Hardware evaluations are available from customer and channel SE's to "spread the word" of Fortinet. Work with your partners and Fortinet SE's if you want some hardware to show off. :)

Cheers,
Graham
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors