Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dgullett
New Contributor

Fortigate Forward Traffic Log not showing Policy ID Number (x)

Ver 7.2.3 see pic below

2023-08-29-12-28-01.png

1 Solution
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

You are hitting known issues 861893 . The fix is available from 7.4.0 and 7.2.6.

In Forward Traffic logs, the Policy ID column is blank.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.4.0/fortios-release-notes/289806/resolved-issues

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
spoojary
Staff
Staff

Have you tried upgrading the firmware. This can be a known issue on the firmware. Also it is recommended to go to the latest version of the FGT. 
what is the FGT model ?

Siddhanth Poojary
dgullett

Model name: FortiGate-80F

Yes I have the same issue on 7.2.5

Mrinmoy
Staff
Staff

What if you select the log and click on details? ID number is showing there?

Mrinmoy Purkayastha
dgullett

It is not in details either 

Mrinmoy
Staff
Staff

Seems like it is a bug. To be more sure you can try to upgrade it to 7.4.0, otherwise you can create a support ticket for bug identification.

Mrinmoy Purkayastha
Mrinmoy
Staff
Staff

I will also try to reproduce it in my LAB. I will keep you posted.

Mrinmoy Purkayastha
Mrinmoy
Staff
Staff

Also if possible, share here a row log entry in txt format.

Mrinmoy Purkayastha
YBKruthi
Staff
Staff

Hi @dgullett 

Check Logging Settings: Make sure that the logging settings for your policies are configured to include the Policy ID in the logs. To do this:

• Navigate to "Policy & Objects" > "IPv4 Policy" (or "IPv6 Policy" if applicable).
  • Select the policy for which you want to see the Policy ID in the logs.
  • In the "Logging Options" section, ensure that "Log Allowed Traffic" or "Log Denied Traffic" is selected, and that the "Policy ID" checkbox is checked.

Thanks,

Kruthi

srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

You are hitting known issues 861893 . The fix is available from 7.4.0 and 7.2.6.

In Forward Traffic logs, the Policy ID column is blank.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.4.0/fortios-release-notes/289806/resolved-issues

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors