Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Forti-Mon
New Contributor II

Fortigate+Fortiswitch+FortiAP

Hi

So we had a test AP setup in Fortigate under a physical interface with a guest and a staff WIFI setup - all worked correctly and correct DHCP IP assigned.

I have since connected a Fortiswitch, i have created a new VLAN and took the IP address and range from the existing physical guest VLAN and used that on the new fortiswitch VLAN (then changed the address on the physical)

the AP is up + online, I can see both SSID's, but when I attempt to connect to the guest WIFI I get a random IP address on the wrong subnet an the device never connects.....log states 'Wireless station DHCP process failed with no server response' 

I have adjusted all policies to allow traffic as far as I can see.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
adambomb1219
SuperUser
SuperUser

Sounds like you are using Tunnel Mode SSID vs bridge?  Which do you want?

Forti-Mon

Current setup is bridge

ebilcari
Staff
Staff

In case you are using Bridge SSID (with Optional VLAN ID), remember to allow these end user's VLANs in the switchport where the AP is connected. More information is shown in this article.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors